Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

RV'er here

Hey all - Not sure if this would be the place for this topic but have a question regarding roadside assistance plans like Coachnet, Good Sam AAA etc. Do you guys directly deal with them or are you dispatched by another source ( I see a lot of NSD mentioned) and take payment from them? 

Any particular roadside coverage out there that  "motivates" ( getting paid, haggling, etc) you more to pick up the phone and get out of bed on a Sunday morning over another?

Trying to find a roadside assistance provider and trying to get an answer on the RV forums  is worse than a " what is the best oil to use" question so I figured common sense is perpetrating on your turf and  asking the guys who actually do it. 

I know every situation is different and here is my rig if that help in suggesting a provider.

1986 holiday rambler on the old GM P32 chassis, 175" wheelbase and 130" ass hanging from rear axle. 14k loaded, 4500 # front axle. She is a low rider compared to the newer units @ 11 feet high. I see many operators refuse to tow class A's worrying about windows popping out - can this be solved with a hold harmless/ liability waiver of sorts ? I fully realize the flexing and twisting that could go on in lifting these things and have no issues signing a waiver - besides these older aluminum frame (not the chassis frame) and siding models take the tweaking much better than the new model POS's . I have had this thing twisted like a pretzel going up and down some of these N GA and NC mountain access roads with no issues.

Any insight or tips from the pros would be greatly appreciated!

PXL_20230731_184302142.jpg

Edited by Tyrone
  • Like 1