Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TRAA Change in Leadership

TRAA

f7b2a44f-e5d5-4efd-8135-0fc89676ac17.jpg

TRAA Change in Leadership

The Executive Cabinet is saddened to report that William E. Johnson has resigned from his position as TRAA President for personal reasons. While this is difficult, we sincerely wish him well in all his endeavors and greatly appreciate his many contributions to TRAA over the years.

As we now have a vacancy, the Executive Cabinet is currently in the process of filling the position. Per TRAA’s Bylaws, the Executive Cabinet will elect a qualified candidate by their majority vote and the incumbent will be up for ratification during the Fall Board of Directors Meeting (Article IV, Section 11).

Rest assured that TRAA’s many efforts are still going strong. The membership will receive a legislative update shortly, so keep an eye on your inbox.

TRAA is "the voice of America's towing industry!"

TRAA is providing this content as an industry update and, as such, our Affiliate State Towing Associations and the industry publications are welcome to share this content with their own distribution lists provided TRAA is cited appropriately. Feel free to email with any questions.

Facebook 

My father is William Johnson and I wanted to post what he sent out to our friends, family, and colleagues throughout the industry about his resignation:

I am addressing the towing industry through this open letter in response to the numerous emails, text messages, and phone calls that my son Robert and I have received over the past week. I want to make it clear that my family and I are all in good health, and The Johnson Group of businesses is stable and thriving.

My decision to resign as President of TRAA was a challenging personal choice. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. The majority of the TRAA board did not support my management style as president nor my vision for the association. Instead of causing discord, I chose to resign because now is not the time for division; rather, we need unity. I will remain involved with the Statewide Towing Association of Massachusetts, also I will be available to all seeking solutions through open and transparent discussion. Despite my resignation, my continued presence and ongoing participation within the industry will demonstrate my commitment to the industry as a whole. I have been invited to participate at the Tow Summit and I am looking forward to the event.
Be safe
Bill Johnson

• Like 4

• TowForce featured this topic
  • TowForce unfeatured this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

Bill, I have deep respect for you in making the decision to resign. You have been a leader to the industry for as long as I remember and your presence is appreciated. Thank you for your contributions to the tow and recovery industry.

• Like 2

Randall C. Resch

• 2 weeks later...