Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - Time For Some R & R

If you work in the towing and recovery industry, you know there isn’t much time for taking family vacations and taking time off for much needed rest and relaxation. Sometimes, it’s hard enough to try and take off one night to just go out to dinner.

I have learned, I think the hard way, that all us need to just take the time to get away from the stress of work. We need to recharge our whole self; mind, body and spirit. I realized, too, that it doesn’t have to be a week’s vacation somewhere. It can be a weekend, or even a day of just taking a walk through the park and having a picnic. Spending time with nature is one of the best ways to rewind.

I know it’s hard to not worry while you are away about what’s going on back at the shop, but that’s precisely why you need to get away. For many years I did the same thing, but I know and trust my employees will take care of what needs to be taken care of and if not, I will deal with “whatever hits the fan” when I get back.

“Rest and be thankful.”

“Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.”

“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”

“Take rest. A field that has rested, gives bountiful crop.”

“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”

“Taking time to do nothing often brings everything into perspective.”

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com