Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Nation Safe Drivers credit card charge back for a Good Sam Club customer RV tow

MA Rob

Nation Safe Drivers strikes again. We performed a tow on an RV 5/6/24 at the request of NSD. We are not a vendor for NSD and they have been on a credit card basis for all work performed. Customer was waiting 14 hours as they could not get any other tow companies to respond. We finally obtained payment prior to dispatching our HD truck and towed the customer to his destination per his request. Everything went well, no damage or issues other than an unhappy customer waiting 14 hours.

Fast forward to Saturday 6/29/24 and we received a credit card chargeback in the mail. After contacting the following NSD employees: Michael Maggio via email and Alex Francisco over the phone, they are claiming that we never performed the tow and the PO was canceled. After providing pictures of the towed RV,  a dashcam picture of the customer riding as a passenger in the tow truck, a copy of their dispatch with PO and credit card info, and assuring them that the RV was towed, they are refusing to reissue the payment. They are also refusing to speak directly to the customer as we have provided his contact info and we have spoken to him as well since receiving the chargeback.

The RV owner is on our side and is going to call Good Sam's Club and advocate for our payment but he knows that he is ultimately responsible for the tow invoice if we do not receive payment. We explained that much like medical insurance, if the hospital does not get paid they will be going after the patient. As the owner of the RV, he is responsible if his 3rd party membership does not pay. 

Be very careful when dealing with Nation Safe Drivers as we are very disappointed in their ethics and handling of this situation. As with anything, you all need to make your own policy and procedures but as for myself, I will not be taking a credit card from NSD again. They will have to pay with a Comchek or similar form of payment that is not reversible going forward. 

Rob

2 hours ago, MA Rob said:

Nation Safe Drivers strikes again. We performed a tow on an RV 5/6/24 at the request of NSD. We are not a vendor for NSD and they have been on a credit card basis for all work performed. Customer was waiting 14 hours as they could not get any other tow companies to respond. We finally obtained payment prior to dispatching our HD truck and towed the customer to his destination per his request. Everything went well, no damage or issues other than an unhappy customer waiting 14 hours.

Fast forward to Saturday 6/29/24 and we received a credit card chargeback in the mail. After contacting the following NSD employees: Michael Maggio via email and Alex Francisco over the phone, they are claiming that we never performed the tow and the PO was canceled. After providing pictures of the towed RV,  a dashcam picture of the customer riding as a passenger in the tow truck, a copy of their dispatch with PO and credit card info, and assuring them that the RV was towed, they are refusing to reissue the payment. They are also refusing to speak directly to the customer as we have provided his contact info and we have spoken to him as well since receiving the chargeback.

The RV owner is on our side and is going to call Good Sam's Club and advocate for our payment but he knows that he is ultimately responsible for the tow invoice if we do not receive payment. We explained that much like medical insurance, if the hospital does not get paid they will be going after the patient. As the owner of the RV, he is responsible if his 3rd party membership does not pay. 

Be very careful when dealing with Nation Safe Drivers as we are very disappointed in their ethics and handling of this situation. As with anything, you all need to make your own policy and procedures but as for myself, I will not be taking a credit card from NSD again. They will have to pay with a Comchek or similar form of payment that is not reversible going forward. 

Rob

Hi Rob, my name is Anthony Cammilleri, and I am the Director of Network at NSD. I'm sorry that you are having difficulty working with our company and would be happy to help in any way I can. This is not the typical experience of payment for completing a service for us, so I am sure there are more variables contributing to the issue you are having, and I will be sure to investigate these in detail. Please send me a message with the best phone number to reach you once I have reviewed this case. Thank you, and my apologies again for any inconvenience.